About Me

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Anyone Up For A Side Gig?

Now that I have a house with a garage and back yard...oh, and a FROG...I am starting to think about all the "projects" I want to do. I work three 12-hour shifts a week, so I have four days off...(well, three technically, since I work nights and my first day off is spent sleeping). I read about all these people doing awesome "refurbish" projects, and other crafty things. I have dabbled in arts and crafts off and on...and really want to start putting more into it. This photo/meme made me giggle, because it is so fitting for how I feel sometimes! I love the idea of grabbing other people's trash and making them my treasures. 
I spent one evening binge watching You Tube videos on Decoupage techniques and refinishing things like old dressers, wardrobes and hutches. I can't wait. It can get expensive to keep up with supplies...but once I get a collection of stuff...it will hopefully pay off! I actually found myself stalking Facebook Marketplace and Craig's List for any free give-a-ways that might fit the idea of what I was looking for!! Crazy! And let's not forget about Good Will and my friendly neighborhood thrift stores! 
I keep a watch for which stores I can catch a good deal at like sales, cash back or rebates...(through my Rakuten/Ebates app)...since I am trying to do this in the most "cost conscious" way possible! I decided I would start out slow, buying one or two things at a time...whether it be supplies or actual furniture; and just wait until I had everything I need to do at least one or two of them to get my feet wet!! And...once it's finished, if I can part with it...I may sell it to see how that goes! Can you say "side gig"? LOL! We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment