About Me

Thursday, January 23, 2020

So I have completed my first couple of assignments and quizzes for Microbiology class.I am taking it because sciences expire every 5 years at the college I am attending. Basically, I am repeating it since it is expired!! I am determined to finish this degree once and for all. My retirement is creeping up on me every year that passes! 

I think about the possibilities open to me if I finally get this done...and I can't let it go this time. My ideal plan would be to work half of the year here in South Carolina, and the other half in Pennsylvania, since that is where my family is...most importantly, my Mom. 

I am a resident of South Carolina, and I raised my kids here...but I really would like to be able to spend some time back home part of the year...to be closer to my sister, Mom, and all my extended family. Wouldn't that be wonderful?...if I could find a way to do that?

Travel nursing is something I always wanted to do...but there were little or no opportunities as a Licensed Practical Nurse...most were for Registered Nurses; so here I am...finally trying to finish my degree so I can put the initials "RN" behind my name. 

It would be a nice ending to a long career in nursing...(30+ years). I should have done it a long time ago...but I always found an excuse, or claimed "life got in the way". I really can't complain...I have had some awesome jobs; with exposure and experiences that probably wouldn't happen now a days. Things have changed a lot...and I realize that even more when I am talking to my older "more seasoned" co-workers that have been in the game a long time as well. 

I can't think of a better way to combine the opportunity to travel with a "needed" profession. Really? Why not? It seems to be the right choice to pursue late in my career...perhaps less stress having to answer to one particular entity...and instead; basically make my own schedule and take a job when I want. 

I look forward to this challenge...change is good. Let's see what 2020 brings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment