About Me

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Stevie Nicks - Gold Dust Woman (Live In Chicago)

Stevie Nicks is one my all time favorite artists. I have loved her since I was in junior high. I guess I have had a "gypsy heart" for a long time, or perhaps I just "wished" I could be a gypsy...traveling the countryside, meeting people and writing interesting stories along the way. I remember watching so many of those shows over the years...where the host rode cross country stopping to "meet and greet" folks in all the small towns. "On The Road With Charles Kuralt" was one of my favorites.

"...Charles Kuralt went to the CBS brass and pitched the idea of human interest stories from the back roads of the country..." (Rupert Taylor, Reel Rundown). 


Now there are tons of these types of shows on television and cable. I still love them, and I still think about what a cool life that would be! In the meantime, I will continue to make small talk and converse with people in my daily routine and at work. The stories they share, even in the time frame of a few fleeting moments...add one more index card to every growing file in my head! The more stories I hear, the more people I talk or listen to...help validate my feelings on the nature of humans, including myself. I take a little piece of them all with me, nurturing my soul...and developing my "life philosophy". I just might be able to write my own story one day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment