About Me

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Today was a beautiful day here in Charleston, SC. I spent most of the day outside, raking leaves, hanging little solar lights, giving my houseplants some fresh air and enjoying the warm sun. It's January...and it was above 65 outside...I loved it!! I am definitely a "sun worshiper" !! 
I think at last count, there were about 20 bags of leaves out on the curb for pick up tomorrow. I have so many trees around my house that they are never ending; but I am not going to complain, because I am blessed. I've only had this home for about a year; and it is in an older established neighborhood with no HOA!! I really didn't want to live in a "newer" development that looks like every other "new" development going up everywhere...so I will deal with the leaves! 
I am well aware of the "climate change" issues...but in some small way, I am glad for the warm sun...it elevates my mood and relieves much of the stress of every day life. South Carolina is not as cold as other places...but we do get "cold" here; but I am okay if it doesn't!

I have a simple little radio/CD player that cost me like $30 at Big Lots. I got it in preparation for the last hurricane that threatened our area...because it can run on batteries. I had my favorite station playing in the garage while I was running in and out doing yard work. It's nice to just have a "normal" radio playing in the background instead of trying to work all those "apps" on my phone, smart tv or Alexa!! 

I did have to soak in a hot bath with Epsom Salts after my yard work though...to relax those aching muscles;(but I had bubbles, wine and a candle...so it was worth it)! I did use my phone for that...so I could listen to my Audio book...The Art of Happiness by the Dalai Lama; so good...I listen to it all the time. 


"...the very purpose of life is to seek happiness..."

"it includes intellect and feelings; heart and mind; by bringing about a certain inner discipline we can undergo a genuine transformation of our attitude, our outlook and approach to living"


This book is one of my "go to" books, to keep me focused and help me maintain balance. The philosophy is so simple, it makes sense. I think we all need to have "something"...and if we want to bring positive, good things into our lives...we must saturate our minds with those things that help that happen. Our mindset has a lot to do with what manifests in our life...I believe this in my soul. My struggles are no different than anyone else's...so I deliberately try to change my thinking by feeding my soul, which in affect...steers my mind in a more positive direction. 

That's it for now...until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment