About Me

Friday, February 7, 2020

Is It Friday Already?

When the "normal" week comes to an end...it's actually the beginning for me. Fri, Sat and Sun nights...12-hours shifts...is my work week. So when Friday comes, I sometimes feel disappointed that it's time to go back to work already!! I guess how other "normal" people feel on Mondays!!

I spent most of the week getting my assignments done for Microbiology class. I signed up for something called "mixed mode" where lecture part is online, and lab part is on campus. It suits me well...with my schedule these days...but I do find it challenging to make myself do it, thinking "oh I have time...the deadline isn't until Sunday night". This is okay, again, for people with normal schedules...but since I go to work Friday night, I have to get my stuff done earlier than most. I already know I will not spend the time on it over the weekend while I am working...because when I get off...I'm tired and have no desire to get on the computer!!


So in between studying, I managed to make some fried eggplant this week. It actually turned out well. I like fried veggies, and in my mind...even though they are fried...they're veggies!...so I'm good.

Eggplant is kind of hard to find ways to eat other than fried, or maybe cut up in some spaghetti sauce...but I am always on the look out!!



The other thing I tried this week is something called "Surimi". It looks like huge shrimp...but obviously "too pretty"...right? So after reading the package...it seems similar to those Imitation Crab snacks you can buy in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. How do I know? Because I tried stir frying them...like a dummy...they were okay...but as soon as I tasted them...I knew they were meant to be used another way!! LOL! Lesson learned! 
I got them at a store called Lidl...and the package says they are from Lithuania! Oh my! Another item to add to my "foodie adventures"...and "things I've tried"!!

I look forward to my next shopping trip to see what else I can find! Until then..."Hi Ho, Hi Ho...off to work I go"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment