About Me

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Hobbies Are A Must

 

    After the first surgery, I obviously had a lot of time on my hands. Once I started feeling better, I was going stir crazy being home. I rekindled my love of sketching, painting, drawing and coloring. I did some journaling, but that didn't last. Those wonderful "color therapy" books were great. They took a lot of concentration, and precise coloring, especially in some of the tiny areas! 





  I must have colored 10 or more books full of pictures. I used markers, gel pens, colored pencils and whatever else I had around. It took me hours to do some of them. They were a regular item in my bag on chemo days while I sat waiting for all the infusions to finish. The problem I have now is what to do with all those pictures I colored! They are too pretty to throw away, and I spent "waaay" too much time on them to get rid them! It was as therapeutic and stress relieving as they claim to be, they really do work. 

    I sketched a bit too; something I enjoyed doing since being a young girl. My mind would fill up with dreams of being an artist someday...living in a world of creativity! Renewing my amateur interests again helped balance me during the more difficult times. Many art supplies had been given to me over the years by friends, family and co-workers. It had been a very long time since I tried doing anything with them, though. I get discouraged easily if I find it "not as nice as" other talented artists; or "never good enough" to sell or put on exhibit. It is one of those secret passions that I just never fully explored. 
    I am my own worst enemy as they say. When I recently went out of work for the second surgery, I made up my mind that I was not going to let myself become too discouraged again. Google and You Tube were my best friends! If you want to know something or learn something, they have it! 
    I listened to "Masters of Success" in their chosen fields, motivational speeches, tutorials on drawing and painting, and so much more. I had to nourish my mind and soul. During challenging times, too much quiet and idol time is not good at all. Thoughts invade your mind and worry takes over your ability to focus. 
I could not wait to get back to work...even if it meant with some restrictions! The job I was having second thoughts about, I am now very grateful to have; (for now anyway!). I pledge to find something every day to be grateful for!







    

No comments:

Post a Comment