About Me

Thursday, August 24, 2023

Is Summer Almost Over Already?

 

    I realized this week that August was just about over! Labor Day is just around the corner and school started for my grandson this week. I spent so much time recovering from surgery this summer that I couldn't enjoy my pool...so I am making up for lost time now while I can! 

    I am finally back to work without restrictions as well...so it's full speed ahead for now. It's thought provoking when you have longed for some sort of normalcy to return, and it happens to be the busy day to day activities like work, paying bills, shopping, and so forth. I liked having some time off, but after awhile I just wanted "life" to get back to its chaotic mess. 

    I still found time to do some drawing and sketching. A friend of mine saw some of my "amateur" work, and asked if I would sketch a picture of a friend's little girl...so I did!

    I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I am happy with it, as she was. I need some more practice which gives me something to look forward to. I hope to be able to spend more time on it once I finally do slow down at work and head towards retirement. 

    When faced with the "unknown" after going through illness and treatment, it definitely prioritizes those future plans "just in case" that dreaded cancer comes back. I will not over extend myself, but I am going to focus on furthering my education and enhancing my drawing skills. Besides, I have to have something to do once the weather changes and I can't go in my pool anymore!

    Today life seems "not so bad". Let's hope it continues. Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment